Norbar manufactures an extensive range of high quality torque wrenches to cover torque values from 1 N•m to 2000 N•m. They are designed and manufactured to exceed international standards for accuracy.
In addition to the normal 'adjustable' wrenches, Norbar offer Production 'P' Type versions which can be pre-set and dedicated to a particular application. This setting system is designed to discourage unauthorised alteration.
All Norbar wrenches are offered as standard with a quality ratchet. For applications where interchangeable end fittings are required, 'Torque Handles' are also available in various models up to 550 N·m.
• Product Video
The NorTronic® is an electronic torque and angle wrench capable of measuring, displaying, storing and transmitting test results and receiving configuration settings from TDS (Torque Data System) PC software via a USB or wireless interface.
• Product Video
Non-Magnetic Torque Wrenches
Norbar has launched it's first ever Non-magnetic Torque tool, which is proving invaluable for medical equipment maintenance, notably in the MRI field. It also has further applications across a range of industries wherever tools have to be used in the presence of a strong magnetic field.
Carefully selected and tested materials replace the ferrous components present in standard torque wrenches, therefore giving an extremely low magnetic footprint but retaining the high standards of other Norbar products.
The Model 5 is a unique Torque Wrench that offers high accuracy and the convenience of interchangeable 1/4 in hexagon bits. (ISO 1173:1988 Form C drive bits).
- Accuracy of +/-3% of reading exceeds all torque wrench standards.
- Traceable calibration certificate supplied, to satisfy ISO9000 quality systems.
- Non Length Dependent. The Model 5 remains accurate regardless of hand position.
- Supplied in a storage case. The case allows space for the storage of additional drive bits, and optional stepless ratchet.
Also available as Production 'P' Types, preventing unauthorised alteration of torque setting. No external calibration equipment is required to set the Model 5 'P' Type.
Coloured end seals are provided to identify the wrench to a particular operator, torque setting or calibration period.
Insulated Torque Wrenches
Using injection moulded Nylon 11, Norbar's insulated torque wrench complies with IEC 60900:2004 and is more durable than the traditional PVC dipped insulated tools.
The 'Professional' is Norbar's core range containing the most popular models and the most model variants to suit almost every application. More than 60 years of manufacturing has shaped this range and no aspect of design, manufacture or materials is taken to chance.
The Professional torque wrench offers an ideal combination of accuracy, robust construction, comfort and ease of use and is now available with either an 'Automotive' ratchet or an 'Industrial' ratchet.
The 'Automotive' reversible ratchets are designed with compact dimensions and a narrow engagement angle resulting from the 72 tooth pattern. These features make the wrench ideal for use in the confined spaces of modern motor vehicles and many other applications. These ratchets are available with models to cover from 8 to 200 N·m.
The 'Industrial' push-through ratchets are robustly engineered for strength and durability. They also allow the wrench to be used for torque control in both the clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. These ratchets are available with models to cover from 1 to 400 N·m.
- With an accuracy of +/-3% of reading, all international standards for torque wrenches are exceeded.
- Every wrench is supplied with a calibration certificate to satisfy the requirements of ISO 9000:2000.
- Soft feel handle provides excellent grip even in oily conditions.
- Handle material and lens resist all chemicals in common automotive, industrial and aviation use.
- Locking mechanism prevents accidental adjustment of the wrench during operation.
- Long scale graduated in N·m and lbf·ft allows for foolproof and accurate setting.
- Supplied in a moulded box for storage and protection (except Torque Handles).
Torque Handles are available covering a range of 8 to 300 N·m and can be supplied with 16mm spigot, 9 x 12mm or 14 x 18mm rectangular type (dependant on torque capacity).
Production 'P' Types wrenches are also available with either ratchet type, for use in a production environment where they will be set and then dedicated to a particular application. There is no scale, and so must be set against a torque testing device such as Norbar's Professional Torque Tester.
• P Type Product Video
650 Series Professionals
- Accuracy of +/-3% of reading.
- Traceable calibration certificate supplied.
- Non length dependent. Extension handle can be used to reduce operator effort (handle supplied as standard with Model 800, 1000 and 1500).
- Positive 'click' can be heard, seen and felt.
- Low weight - Model 1000 just 5.8 kg.
- Long scale length in N·m and lbf·ft allows error free setting.
- Fine 60 tooth ratchet allows the wrench to be used in confined areas.
All models are available as Production 'P' Types for use in a production environment where they will be set and then dedicated to a particular application.
The Model 650 is also available as a Torque Handle with a 22mm Spigot or 14 x 18mm Female end to take various size end fittings.
- Accuracy exceeds all international standards.
- Unmistakable signal when set torque is reached.
- Traceable calibration certificate supplied to satisfy ISO9000:2000 quality systems.
- High quality 72 tooth ratchet allows use in confined spaces.
- Fixed head version has a push through square for left and right handed torque tightening.
- Moulded grip aids correct hand location and operator comfort.
Torque Handle versions are available for both 16mm spigot and 9 x 12mm fittings.
Production 'P' type versions are designed to discourage unauthorised alteration. The have no scale and so must be set against a torque testing device such as Norbar's Professional Torque Tester.
- Robust construction gives accurate results, to +/-4%, even in arduous working conditions.
- Every wrench supplied with a calibration certificate to satisfy requirements of ISO9000:2000.
- The large break angle improves accuracy by reducing the possibility of over torquing.
- Cam control of the mechanism gives a controlled break which will not throw the operator off balance.
- Dual scaled, N·m and lbf·ft.
Production 'P' types versions, with no setting scale, are also available to discourage unauthorised alteration, and must be set against a torque testing device such as Norbar's Professional Torque Tester.
A Torque Handle version is also available (Model 4) with a 22mm spigot to take various end fittings.
A range of Metric and Imperial Open End fittings are available for Norbar Torque Handles, both the 16mm or 22mm spigot versions.
Ring End fittings are available in Metric and Imperial sizes to suit the 16mm and 22mm spigot Norbar Torque Handles.
Flare End fittings can be supplied in Metric and Imperial sizes to suit the 16mm and 22mm spigot torque handles.
Various sizes of Fixed Head end fittings are available for Norbar Torque Handles, both the 16mm or 22mm spigot versions.
Ratchet Heads are available in various styles and sizes to suit the Norbar 16mm and 22mm Torque Handles.
Various Adaptors for use with Norbar Torque Wrenches and Torque Handles.
Blank End fittings are available for both the 16mm and 22mm spigot Torque Handles, for Open and Ring ends.
The correct tightening of carbon/graphite electrodes is known to increase the energy efficiency of electric arc furnaces and prevents electrode sections from being lost in the furnace.
Norbar Electrode wrenches are based on two well proven torque wrench designs; electrodes up to 8 inches use the 'Professional' type, 9 inches and upwards are based on the 'Industrial' wrench.
- Positive torque control increases the energy efficiency.
- Self-clamping action speeds the tightening operation.
- Unmistakable signal when the set torque is reached.
- A wide range of electrode sizes can be tightened.
The Slimline models have similar features to the SL0 but with the following additions:
- Steel adjusting/locking mechanism avoids accidental torque alteration.
- Robust 24 tooth ratchets.
- 'Mushroom head' square drive prevents the square being pulled out with the socket.
- Torque control in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.